Thread: How many Series owner does it take to change a light bulb

Default How many Series owner does it take to change a light bulb

Six
    One to run to get the part, four to stand around drinking beer talking and one to hammer it in with a BFH.
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky

You need to qualify this with what kind of series owner. If it's like most then perhaps you are right. If it's a frame over owner then...

1. Get the light bulb on a stand, change the oil and declare the electric is faulty.
    2. While waiting for the power to come back on, check the wiring of the indicators, switches and probably the hydraulics.
    3. Once all of that is fixed, it's probably time for a new interior since they have been sat in it while unmotive for so many months.
    4. Once that is done, notice the engine is leaking.
    5. Swap engines.
    6. "Since I'm in here, I might as well make things right."
    7. Ten years later the need arises for that light again. OMG! Is this my truck!?!
    8. Throw it all together and declare the truck the best frame over job ever.
    9. Change bulb
    10. Bulb burns out.

...or the type of owner that sees a series burried in a pile of brush with plant fauna growing out of it. You MUST have this truck. You drag it out get it home and decide the first thing you must do is get the lights working for safety reasons despite the fact the engine is seized and half the frame was left on the flatbed in the form of pancake sized rust flakes.

It only takes this one owner to remove the broken lense and discover the bulb is rusted in the socket and the back plate of the socket is rusting into non-existance.

The next three months are spent searching the various BBS's for an original light at which time the thread turns into a what is better , grease or 90wt in the swivels, what's the best carb, 15" or 16" wheels, why can't I keep the brakes working right, do they all leak like this?, I heard a pop and now the truck doesn't move, the headlights just stopped working and.....drum roll....I heard a noise what could it be?!