Thread: Thinking of a 110

Default Thinking of a 110

Sorry to bore with silly questions but I am really on the fence. I am thinking of getting a 110. The problem is i dont know a thing about them. I have owned several land cruisers..fj40..fj 60 etc.. I sold them and really miss having a truck. So before I go and sell my Volvo i am just curious about what are common issues reliabilty etc.. Diesel or v8. I am fairly mechanical, and do paint work for a living ( topcoats on boats ). Whatever I end up with, I plan on never selling, as I do not wish to go through this again. Any help would be appreaciated

Troll the net and figure out exactly what you want.

I suggest a 300Tdi as it is the last 'mechanical' diesel and has plenty of power for your needs. It needs timing belts every couple years or so (Dependant on mileage and conditions) but once you do it a couple times, it's as easy as changing spark plugs on a cramped V8 engine.

My truck is 7000# loaded for expedition and the 300Tdi moves that just fine.

Once you decide on pick-up vs. 3-door vs. 5-door etc. let me know and I'll get you one.
    Owner: James Leach Global Expedition Services.

1995 110 Regular

It would be five door, for sure. I need space, dont have kids yet, but I think the 90 might be to small. As this would my daily driver so I think 110 five door is just right.