Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Series III ˝ Ton Air Portable (aka “Lightweight”) - Restored

I've seen this Lightweight in person, it's every bit as beautiful as it seems in the pics, believe me. Well worth the asking price!!
    ~Harvey~

Jac, PM sent.
    1973 NADA 88

I'll bump this up again. The Lightweight is about to lose it's "center stage" spot in the garage and get tucked off in a corner.
    I'd like to see this go to a good home where someone will enjoy it more than I do. Current mileage since the restoration is 2500.

This is about to come home (the body shop only has a few more trim pieces and the convertible top to put on):

Last edited by jac04; 09-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.

I can't believe no one has bit. I see the math at the top but tears come to my eyes if I read too far in. Has anything changed price wise? PM me if you don't want to make a general announcement. (or risk having my wife see the reply)
    1967 Series IIA 88

Quote Originally Posted by ducttape View Post
    Has anything changed price wise?
    Well, not really. If anything, I think it has gone up due to the addition of the Roverdrive.
    However, feel free to make me an offer. The worst that can happen is I say "No".

The Lightweight was recipient of the Best Military Vehicle trophy at the Simsbury Fly-In this past weekend.

Lots of nice show cars combined with lots of families with little kids = people complaining about kids getting too close to their cars. What fun is being a kid at a car show if you can't touch something? So, I invited a few families to enjoy the Land Rover. Their kids invited other kids, and I think at one point there were 8 kids in the Lightweight. A good day!

Hey cograts on the trophy. I can't believe no one has snatched this thing up yet! I think it's great you let the kids enjoy the truck, that's what they're for after all.

Springtime is just around the corner - the perfect time to enjoy cruising around in a soft-top Lightweight. It's a shame to see it just sit in the garage. PM me if interested or to arrange a showing.

All tucked away for the winter:

A few more pics of what currently has my full attention:

Well, I finally finished the restoration of my 68 Camaro, so the Lightweight isn't getting used. I think I drove it 6 - 8 times this summer.

I would love to see the Lightweight go to a good home. I'm actually willing to offer a finder's fee to anyone who finds the right person to buy the Lightweight.

This is why I don't drive the Lightweight any more:

I have updated my original post, as I am now getting more serious about selling the Lightweight.
    Asking price is $35,000.
    Last edited by jac04; 01-23-2014 at 10:36 AM.