Thread: windshield wiper problem

Default windshield wiper problem

Hi again

I have a 1995 lwb and a new problem started this week with the windshield wipers. when I turn them on to the intermittent setting they go up the windshield and then stop and then occasionally move a few inches. When I turn them on to the regular settings they work fine – except when I turn them off they stay wherever they were when I turned them off, so often it is in the middle of the windshield. I can turn them on and off again to get them close to the bottom, but this is a big distraction when I am driving. Plus its annoying. J

Any clues? Thanks

well i dont know if this is a solution but it ended up fixing my issue.

I had given up on the problem after too much time spent on it and then a few days later my brother told me that my left brake light was out. I replaced the bulb right away with the blinker light and the next day replaced the blinker with a new bulb. At that time i also replaced both headlights with the halogen upgrades.

The very next day it rained and my wipers now work perfectctly. No idea what, if any, of this made a differance but thought i should pass along the info incase any one else is stumped.

-ed