Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: '64 Land Rover 2A - $7950

Ok I see your point. My friend asked me to start there and said that his friend's gotten offers close to this before. Maybe it was a different model? I really don't know these. I sell furniture etc.. haha I will have to relay this to my neighbor. Thanks....John

I think where you are it is pretty much a sellers market. Over here they don't have the same uniqeness value and so you tend to get them looking like this:

Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Nice Looking vehicle from the pics. You may have better luck if you put more photos and info on there, especially concerning the frame. I wouldn't say you price is crazy, maybe a little high, just depends on condition and finding the right buyer.

The frame and bulkhead (the area from the windshield down) are the two biggies in this model. That is the area where rust is found and is the first place people that know these old Rovers check. If this has a rust free or galvanised frame that will boost the value (and sale price). It's a slow market right now so be patient and if you (or the owner) can, wait for the market to improve while enjoying the vehicle. If this is a "need to sell it now" situation there is a dealer of sorts in Wilmington and a few others in western NC that might be interested. As an owner of a very similar-but cleaner- IIa I hope you get every penny of the price!
    64 IIa 88
    94 Discovery
    06 Toyota 4R (DD)

~Matt
    --------------------------------------------
    "Not all who wander are lost"~Tolkein

Default Hey

Thanks for your tips. I was wondering if you knew exactly where there was that "dealer of sorts" you mention In Wilmington? I heard there was but can't find them. thanks again...John

Quote Originally Posted by lrdukdog View Post
    "1964 Range Rover model 2A"
    This is a very rare RR indeed! It was made 6 years before they came out.
    Yeah, way to many whistles and bells on this one for sure.
    Jim Wolf
    That's funny Jim. haha Not!

Default HUH

Quote Originally Posted by Jayreid98 View Post
    That's funny Jim. haha Not!
    Hey are you in a "time warp"or what? I posted that on 09-20-2010, 02:39 PM, and yes it is funny know what you are selling.
    Jim Wolf

Jim Wolf,
    Are you referring to Series III which came out in 71? Series IIa's were produced from 1961 to 71.
    Do you think it is necessary to jump up Jay Rieds ass on this one where it appears you are incorrect?
    Best,
    Mark

Default Really!

I stand by my slight jab, to whit....".Last edited by Jayreid98; 11-04-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: no location listed. edit; "Land" instead of "Range".

As to: "Do you think it is necessary to jump up Jay Rieds ass on this one where it appears you are incorrect?"
    My mild "Jab" doesn't even come close to "ass jumping" does it now.
    Jim Wolf

I have tough time going with you as your quote was
    "1964 Range Rover model 2A"
    This is a very rare RR indeed! It was made 6 years before they came out.
    Yeah, way to many whistles and bells on this one for sure.

Jim Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdukdog View Post
    I stand by my slight jab, to whit....".Last edited by Jayreid98; 11-04-2010 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: no location listed. edit; "Land" instead of "Range".

As to: "Do you think it is necessary to jump up Jay Rieds ass on this one where it appears you are incorrect?"
    My mild "Jab" doesn't even come close to "ass jumping" does it now.
    Jim Wolf
    Best,
    Mark