Thread: Serpentine Belt Routing

Default Serpentine Belt Routing

Ok. Im not sure if it is me, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to route the serpentine belt on my '95 Classic. I have the routing diagram, but I can't seem to get it just right.

Do you start but putting the belt on over the fan and the route it? Or am I missing something. Of course I tried doing this at night with no light, but I appreciate an help for this obtuse question.

over alternator, under waterpump, over power steering, over crank (meaning in the grooves forming a vee), under tensioner, over a/c.
    the flat back goes under water pump and under tensioner the grooved side goes with in the grooves.
    I really dont have a special way of installing it but being right handed and having the tensioner on the left I may route itthe way it goes leaving a slack towards the p/s pump and once I release the tensioner just slide it over the p/s.
    once satisfied I simply pressurize the tensioner.