Thread: 1966 NADA 109 Dormobile FOR SALE

thumb-up 1966 NADA 109 Dormobile FOR SALE

1966 NADA 109 Dormobile 2.5L in Pristine Shape
    This NADA 109 Dormobile began life on February 23, 1966 and was finished on March 1, 1966. Her Vehicle Serial # is 26407614 (VIN over here) with a Label No. Of 1062. She was modified by Martin Walter to a Four Berth Dormobile (LR626) with cooker, wardrobe, Dormatic seating (converts into one double or two single beds, also 60% of the front seat flips over to make a dinette with the back seat) and lifting roof (provides full adult height walking head room) with two fold out sleeping cots, and special order second row heater. She was originally delivered HDO (Home Delivery Option) to the Perkins family.
    Since then her owners have included: the Stockton Boy Scouts; Todd Borgie and Nick Baggarly of the Drive Around the World Team (who rebuilt her to the pristine shape she is in now); one of the DATW Board of Directors; and myself, all of us in California.
    Overall, this is one of the cleanest, best running and rust free Dormobiles you are going to find. She has undergone a recent re-build by Todd and Nick of the DATW team ( [/SIZE][/FONT]http://www.aroundtheworld1999.com/rovers.htm ) to very high standards.
    DATW team (Nick Baggarly and Todd Borgie) were the team that rebuilt the truck from the ground up. Todd has completed three trips around the world, twice in LRs, Nick is the Director of DATW (Drive Around the World) and is working on his fourth expedition in the south pole. Todd did most of the work, and heavily sound proofed the truck from the ground up. Even has a rubber insulated cover for the seat bulkhead and floors and center tunnel(ExMoor Insulation Kit)plus a rubber membrane insulation on all of the door panels.
    I bought the Dormobile from, Tom Clare, who is on the Board of Directors for DATW. On the last expedition the team was in Siberia and needed funds to export the trucks to Alaska, so he took the ‘66 Dormobile in as collateral on a loan to keep the team moving. He sold it to me to focus on other projects.
    The DATW rebuild included in part, a new engine, rebuilt transmission, new steering tie rods and ends, swivel balls and CV joints all rebuilt, new gas tank with new sending unit, updated suspension, new firewall/bulkhead, new check straps, painted frame, etc. New electrical panel w/new plug fuses plus wiring. Fairey overdrive and lockout hubs are in great shape. New ARB Locker rear end. New nuts and bolts throughout the truck, defender door hinges, all new weather stripping on doors, new window channels on all six sliding windows (the rear two sliding windows are a nice option as most 109 rear windows don't slide open), new weather seal on Dormobile top (which is newly gel coated), new rubber seals on Dormobile top windows and the original Dormobile top hatch to allow venting while camping. A brand new Dormobile red/white stripe canopy/tent in delivery bag (brand new...and very hard to find!) is included. The entire Dormobile top inside (tent rails, bunk rails, etc.) has been painted white, very clean up there. New Bronze Green paint job inside and out and rust preventing paint on the frame.
    This is a wonderful Dormobile that is ready for daily-driver duties and camping this season since the re-build has already been done. I will be happy to send pictures to you by email or you can view pictures at

http://picasaweb.google.com/66Dormy

If you would like further details, please contact me at (209) 468-2748, or careyhuffman@yahoo.com.

Last edited by Carey; 03-23-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: include picture

Slightly off topic, I remember seeing these in Iran....

http://www.aroundtheworld1999.com/AT...1116199907.htm

http://www.aroundtheworld1999.com/AT...1116199906.htm

anyone out there know who built these under license ? was it may be Ottocar in Turkey or Iran National (same as MB 2322, 603)....

Just wondeirng they are not super common, but once a day I would run across one. This topic might require to be moved but I figure I give credit to the sellers links
    1967 MGB convertible
    1966 SIIa 88 Softop Perkins Prima Powered
    1964 SIIa 109 Rosenbauer TLF
    1976 1ton Rapier missle Sankey trailer
    1996 BMW 1100 GS

wanted ! 107 wagon / 110 wagon v8 or 300tdi