Thread: Brake Problems

Default Brake Problems

Hi all,
    I'm having some brake problems (amongst many other). I recently purchased a fairly well abused 90 RRC. When I got it it has zero brakes...pedal to the floor stuff. Tracked it down to the abs relay and got brakes back. Not great brakes but brakes all the same. Didn't do the bleed process as I'm dealing with some other engine issues.
    Today, after installing a new vacuum advance and amplifier module, she started up and I pulled out of my driveway to find the brake pedal going to the floor. The ABS pump is running but makes intermittent wierd sounds like it has air in it. I've read the RAVE proceedure to bleed the system, but if i dont have any pedal i figure it wont work. I tried bleeding the pump and nothing comes out when it is running, a little fluid comes out when I shut it off. When i open the bleed screw on the accumulator fluid spurts out with the pump on or off, so figure it is good and the pump is pumping.
    Any advice at this stage would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Is the ABS light on the dash?
    Also, is there any loss of fluid?
    Could be a blown brake line.

Yep, ABS Light is on. When I ran the code it came back with Left Front Wheel Sensor. I visually inspected the lines and cannot find a leak. It did take around a pint of fluid to fill it up. I checked in & around and below calipers and inside rims...can t see a leak.