Thread: Radio Codes

RoverMar98 Guest

Default Radio Codes

I recently purchased a 98 Range Rover from a non Rover dealership. I am having a problem with the radio code (locked out). The dealership called a Land Rover dealership and they gave him a 4 digit code to use to unlock my radio but it doesn't seem to be working. Also the red code light on the radio panel is not lit up ...Please help!!!

RoverMar98 Guest

I have the answer: hold down the "band" button until the radio screen reads "code in" then enter your 4 digit code......that's it...I believe newer models carry a 5 digit code..

thumb-up code input

If you canot find the code, there is a way to get the code for the radio.
    1--remove the plastic cover plate from the radio surround - it should come right off if you pull on it.
    2--insert an 1/8" round something ( usualy an allen key will do ) into the holes at either side of the top of radio, this will release the radio from the casing. Pull it out.
    3--the code is written sometimes on top or bottom or both sides of radio.
    re-assemble everything by pushing it back in ( remember to write it down somewhere for future reference, Sharpie works great at inside of the glove compartment ) follow above previous instructions to reset the code input.

What is the "band" button on an 03 Discovery II HSE? I only have buttons for Tone, CD, Rad, NAV, and the face plate release along the top, the two rotary controls on either side, and the ten multifunction buttons along the center bottom. What do I have to press and hold before I can enter the code? Or do I just enter the code without pressing a button beforehand?

And how do I remove the radio? I have slots instead of holes on either side of the face. I inserted a thin piece of metal (saw blades) in each slot but did not get anything to come of it. What do I do? Hyelp!