Thread: Window tracks

Default Window tracks

I might get some aftermarket channels in the spring, but the door tops need to go on YESTERDAY!

Anyone have any tips for cleaning/lubing the original fuzzy tracks/moss growing medium?

That was without taking them apart. Just trying to get them to slide a little easier.

I sprayed mine with WD40 until they were saturated. Worked quite well at getting them to slide smoothly, and inhibit moss. Now I have Rocky Mountain door tops, and will be replacing the rear window slides with the same channel. Great improvement in operation with rubber channels.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

To follow up, I tried rubbing a ***** of regular car wax along the channel and while they're still pretty snug, the windows slide MUCH better!