Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1974 Series III Project for sale

Default 1974 Series III Project for sale

I do have a 1974 RHD 109 for sale but it needs a frame very bad. It is a 2.25 and has an ashcroft overdrive. Power break upgrades all the way around. It has over 7 thousand in receipts in the past few years but who ever had it, did nothing to the frame and it is useless. Runs great. Has Exmoor seats in front and middle seats, safari top etc. Receipts show engine fresh up, thousands in brakes and the overdrive install.

Roof Rack, Tires and steps do not go with the rover. Clear title.

Looking to get $5000 obo. Someone handy or that needs an amazing drivetrain that has a good frame or get this for a good price and put it on a frame. If you want a rover that you can swap onto a new frame or needs parts this has it all. PM me with offers.

How are the bulkhead & door frames as far as rust goes?
    Where in MA is is located?

The bulkhead is in great shape. All door bottoms appear great and solid. Doors were replaced by PO. They also replaces all door seals but not the best job. The drivers door where the door top and door bottom meet seems weak. Front doors are easy to come buy as you well know.

Stan

Default Location

THis is located in Madison, Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster54 View Post
    I think the Massachusetts license plate threw all of us.

Default AHHH

Oh gotr it. I was wondering where he had gotten that. THat is when I bought it. I have since found my dream Rover and felt like passing this on to someone looking for a great winter project. THe drive train alon is worth a lot. I would let her go for $3500 lowest price or I'll keep her and make a trailer. I'd rather someone get a frame and make this rover a daily driver. The drivetrain and brake work is over my asking price alone.

Sarge

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster54 View Post
    Sorry. Thought it was in MA. I looked, but didn't see a location in your profile at the time. Too bad it's so far away from me. Looks like a fun frame swap project.

Quote Originally Posted by jac04 View Post
    Too bad it's so far away from me. Looks like a fun frame swap project.
    I agree, it would be a nice project, but my wife would kill me for getting another long distance purchase, the last one came from Georgia.

Default Update

I have had the frame repaired by a professional welder so this is a daily driver and safe. I just do not need 2 rovers. For sale on ebau as well. No reserve.

Stan

Did this ever sell? No luck finding it on the bay, but my google-fu is weak...