Thread: Classic Started then Died and will not restart

Unhappy Classic Started then Died and will not restart

I have had this problem before and do not remember the fix.
    I started the 92 RR this morning, it was cold out, and it started fine, but was running rough. I moved the truck about 100 feet and it died and it will not restart. I have it on a charger, there is fuel in the tank, I can hear the fuel pump run when the key is turned. I pulled the spark plugs, which were wet with fuel and dried them out. Unhooked that battery to try and reset the computer. Then I tried it again with no change. It turns over fine, and tried to catch about every four revolutions or so. Does anyone have any ideas?
    No I do not have fuel pressure gauge available. Oh I also tried some starting fluid without any benefit.

Default Got it Running

I got it running. We put it in a garage and I pulled all the spark plugs out, which were wet with fuel again. Left the charger on the battery, let the plugs dry out. Cleaned the stepper motor. Turned the engine over without the plugs. Waited a few hours,.
    Pulled the switch under the seat to shut off the fuel. Turned the engine over some more. Put the plugs back in and it fired up. Since this is the second or third time this has happened I think there is a sensor, that is telling the fuel injection that it is cold out and to pour the fuel to it. If the engine dies, there is too much fuel to restart it. I just wonder what sensor it is and how I can make sure that I do not kill the engine before it warms up.

If anyone has any ideas I am all ears.

The fuel temperature sensor is in the fuel rail, at the front. It has a Bosch connector, like those on the injectors. However, before you start throwing parts at it, when were you ign. wires last replaced?