Thread: the engine is hunting when she starts

Default the engine is hunting when she starts

Clogged fuel injector???? any ideas??

-and how to maintain fuel injectors

Default Injector Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Landlover.Hunter View Post
    Clogged fuel injector???? any ideas??

-and how to maintain fuel injectors
    If memory serves me right... Land Rover's Service Manual suggests a fuel injector cleaner every other oil change added to the fuel tank at fill up.

I typically use a cleaner every oil change. At less than half the cost of the dealers Genuine fuel injector cleaner, I use Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner, ~$3.00 per bottle.

For the more serious fuel injector problems... 3M makes a 3-stage cleaner solution. The local Napa Auto parts can source this product. This system connects to the fuel rail to pump solution directly to the injectors, a bottle of additive to the fuel tank and a spray for the throttle body. I've known mechanics who swear by this system. I fortunately have not needed to go this far with my Rovers.

Genuine injectors are pricey, cleaners are not. REMEMBER!! If you need to swap out injectors... use a spot of lithium grease on the o-rings or the injectors WILL leak.
    Last edited by joshua.mcguoirk; 12-10-2010 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Additional text added.
    1990 RRC, 3.9L, AUTO "Willow Pond" (Sold)
    1996 D1, 4.0L, AUTO "Lucas"
    1999 RR, 4.0L, AUTO "Belle" (Sold)