Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying Rebuilt Engine Sources

Placed order for new engine today with ACR. Roland is the owner and very helpful.....should have right before xmas if all goes well.

177 FtLb @ 2300 RPM 117 BHP @ 4100 RPM.

ACR 2.8 Power Plus engine package, includes stage 2 head, Power Plus
    Cam and Power Plus carb and intake etc, with all bits to convert from 3MB
    Tubular 4:1 exhaust manifold
    Thermostat housing + thermost + water*pump
    Side plates, oil filler tube, engine mount brackets, engine mounts*etc, all prepared, painted and fitted with new fasteners.
    Air freight
    $7100

Will keep you posted after I receive.
    93 D110 NAS 327
    94 2x D90 NAS #'s 1076, 1181
    95 3x RRC 2-SWB, 1-LWB

That's great, the perfect xmas gift. Can't wait to see picks. I honestly hope it gets lost in shipping and ends up in my garage.

The worst part now is just looking in your driveway everyday you come home from work hoping it's there, or do you have to pick it up which would ruin the surprise

I have wanted one of those forever, but too rich for my blood new. There is a GOD, as I just bought a EBay low mile used 2.8 5MB going to Roland for a freshening/check up before sailing after holidays. Huge upgrade from opening up everything inside the engine to breath better.

I have never understood the idea of a performance Series 4cyl but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. ACR does a great job. I just don't particularily like the way they drive. The power is there but it is at a different rpm range. Reminds me of a 2 stroke motorcycle...."peaky".

RN has been looking for cores to rebuild (or they have asked me several times but....I keep them for my own rebuilds), which would suggest to me that they are rebuilding them locally.
    Matt Browne
    www.overlandengineering.com
    "resurecting junk through engineering"

Quote Originally Posted by junkyddog11 View Post
    I have never understood the idea of a performance Series 4cyl but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. ACR does a great job. I just don't particularily like the way they drive. The power is there but it is at a different rpm range. Reminds me of a 2 stroke motorcycle...."peaky".

RN has been looking for cores to rebuild (or they have asked me several times but....I keep them for my own rebuilds), which would suggest to me that they are rebuilding them locally.
    x2. A nice rebuild from a local shop and the 2.25 does nicely. The 2,2,5 is what it is.

$7,100 for that motor is a complete rip -off.

Quote Originally Posted by SGS714 View Post
    177 FtLb @ 2300 RPM 117 BHP @ 4100 RPM.
    isnt that in the series gearbox unhappy area?
    1971 SIIa 88" NAS Dauntles V6
    1974 SIII 109" RHD

That will be fine, look at the RPMs to be at those numbers.
    The Goat, 2.8 Daihatsu Td, '73 coil conversion

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNY View Post
    That will be fine, look at the RPMs to be at those numbers.
    Ya, your ear drums and fillings will cry uncle long before your gearbox does at that RPM.
    As for the cost, I could care less what someone else spends their money on.....as long as their not spending mine!

A bit of a tangent, but if someone is kind enough to list the specs on an expensive item and include the cost, I for one really appreciate it. Not only does it provide a benchmark, but it increases bargaining power for anyone in the future who might take that route. If I know customer A paid X, I know not to pay more than that and if there is enough data, I may pay considerably less. Just a thought to avoid shutting down communication.

Getting off the soapbox now.
    1970 88 IIA

What many forget at looking at these numbers is, that is peak power and torque. What you forget is with new cam profile, and improved breathing, is the torque curve starts much lower with more available torque through to peak. Plus nothing beats extra displacement for power and torque improvements. IMHO