Thread: transmission oil cooler

Default transmission oil cooler

Hi I have to replace the transmission oil cooler after the one on my 1995 RRC sprung a big leak due to rust.

The RAVE cd doesnt haev instructions that I can find. So is the cooler just a blot on bolt off issue? Do i need to bleed the system afterwards when i refill it?

THanks

Yes, it's pretty easy to do once the grille is out of the way. Be careful with the cooler lines though. If they are in bad shape (surprised if they aren't given the rust on the cooler) you're likely to break or twist them. Now would be a good time to replace them.

I've never really "bled" a oil cooler other than to fill the new lines ahead of starting the engine. I'd suggest measuring the level in the trans pre- replacement and then once running, check it to ensure it's topped off.
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...

Thanks

ordered both the lines from Rovers North and got a used cooler from Paul. Hope it all goes together with not much trouble.

Paul's the man for sure. Wish I was still 45 minutes away from him now that my "need" to have a Rover has resurfaced!
    '95 RRC LWB (white)
    '95 RRC LWB (Avalon Blue) - sold
    '95 RRC LWB parts truck ready and waiting to donate to the cause...