Thread: Good gloves for rover work?

Default Good gloves for rover work?

I thought i would post this to see what other gloves rover folks have used for wrenching. I have used Mechanix gloves that work great for about a week then blow out at my finger tips. I have gone through 3 sets, and not happy with them at all. I got a set of Snap On gloves for xmas that are similar to Mechanix but already blew those out. I was looking at a pair of Carhartt leather ones the other day and may try those. Im doing a lot of assembly so need something i can still feel what im working on. What do you all think??

Mason
    1970 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1971 Series IIA 109 EX-MOD
    1982 Mercedes 300TD
    1989 RRC
    1993 D110
    1994 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC SWB Brooklands Edition
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 RRC LWB
    1995 Disco
    1996 GMC 2500 Suburban
    1996 Disco
    1997 Disco
    2001 RR P38
    2005 LR3 HSE
    2006 RR HSE

skin on cold steel
    i just end up taking them off because my hand wont fit somewhere.
    i used the mechanic gloves from auto zone
    aaron
    73 series III 88 2.5 na diesel daily driver
    67 series 2a 88 RHD sold
    88 RRC sold
    60 mga coupe

Try a pair of extraction gloves. I use them in the FD, and for me they give good protection and “decent” feel. I also bought them for myself for working on my vehicle and around the yard. There are several manufactures and styles, if you have a FD in your neighborhood see if they’ll show you a pair and ask who their equipment dealer is.
    If the dealer is close, you can go try on some different x-gloves, as I found the size and feel can vary between the manufacturers.
    Also are some links to online vendors

http://www.galls.com/google/easearchresult.html?question=Fire%2FRescue%20Gear% 20Product%20Type='Fire%2FRescue%20Gloves'&searchac tion=2&path=All%20Products%2F%2F%2F%2FUserSearch%3 DAll%20Products%20%3B%3B%20Venture%5Fid%3D503185%2 F%2F%2F%2FApparel%20%26%20Uniforms%2F%2F%2F%2FGlov es&resultsperpage=20

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...cation_gloves/

http://www.edarley.com/firefighting-...nt/gloves.html

we use these at work and I bring home my old pairs for work on cars. They offer good dexterity and excellent abrasion/cut resistance:

with my luck & skills a catchers mitt would be best for me!
    04 Disco, Gone-Disco died & so did mine
    '72 S3 88 - Leakey & Squeaky