Thread: NW Florida?

Default NW Florida?

Any series owners in northwest florida? I recently purchased a lightweight from up north and it's looking lonely down here.
    PR
    Navarre, FL
    1967 SIIa 109 SW
    1979 SIII Lightweight (2010-12)

Default We're neighbors!!!

Hey Papa Romeo,
    Rob here... Have purchased a 1973 Ex-Mil Series III 109".

I am a total newbie for doing work on trucks/cars but there is nothing quite like spending time in the garage. I know I need to re-do the brakes when I get back, and I am sure some more tinkering if my wife doesnt keep her cranked up and running while I am gone. I work at Hurlburt, but in Afghanistan till Mid-Jan.

Once I get back, we definitely have to parade the girls up/down 98. I think there is also Pensacola British car club that we could invade in Feb or March.

Look forward to chatting more, and meeting up.
    email on personal email anytime.
    Rob Alford
    alfordfamily94@msn.com

Default NW Florida

I will also be in NW Florida here shortly with Alistair, my 1971 ex mod 109. We should convoy around town!
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Nc, did you make it south yet? You living in crestview or further south?
    Rob Alford
    Navarre, FL, USA
    "Carol" Truck Utility, FFR 3/4 Ton 4X4
    Rover Series 3.

I will be down there is my 109, D1, and an 88 if my wife does not kill me in the next month or so. I am looking at houses in Niceville. Are you guys still around?
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Well, the Lightweight is gone... a victim of too few seats. I almost talked my wife into letting me keep it, but the garage just isn't big enough for two. I picked up my 109 two days ago, and it is now nicely tucked into my garage. We really do need to get together now that the weather is cooling off. Rob- I've seen your truck around base- but haven't seen you in it. I should have the title transfer done in a week or so, hopefully, so flag me down if you see me.

Bobby, good talking to you on the phone- can't wait to see your rig and hear your version of the magazine story.

Cheers,
    PR
    Navarre, FL
    1967 SIIa 109 SW

I'll be moving to east central Florida in the spring, to West Palm Beach area. Nice to see that there will be a few other Land Rover owners down there. Funny thing is, my Land Rover was imported to Jacksonville Florida originally in 1965.

My parents live in Boca Raton, 9hrs away from me unfortunately. Its a big state. I've seen a few other series trucks down there though.
    PR
    Navarre, FL
    1967 SIIa 109 SW