Thread: 1983 Ex-MOD Defender 110 3-door

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1983 Ex-MOD Defender 110 3-door

PRICE DROPPED: 15K!!!!

I'm posting this for my friend so bear with me. I have owned a SIII and know that this is a trick truck. Passes the conversation test. I haven't seen any rust... It is in VERY good nick... no rust on the doors, I saw the rig last year and I never saw any rust. The frame has a black coating on it. I have also driven this and its great, goes through gears fine nice and smooth. He has decided to sell this rig, I have personally driven it and its great and drooled about owning it for years but I'm a poor gov't employee

History: Bought it from a dealer in NC, and by talking to a land rover guy in atlanta its believe to be a old gypsum mining truck back in the day and has been in storage for who knows how long until it was imported.

IT DOES HAVE A 1961 salvage title. This was done to import it a few years ago. All the paper work has been done and its legal now. He has the title... it was just like a year before the import law ended (25 years) so they slapped a 61 vin on there. Currently located in NC but moving to FL here within a month.

Anyways here it goes:

Biege/Yellow - Camel Trophy :wings:
    - Left Hand Conversion !!
    - 2.5L Diesel NA (non turbo'd)
    - LT77 5 speed manuel trans
    - Has around 110-109 miles on it .. its been in storage for a few months and he can't remember
    - Aftermarket A/C that WORKS and looks nice.
    - Aftermarket block heater
    - dual batteries and wench hookup
    - bull bar with 2 hella's
    - CB ready with additional speaker and quick disconnect antenna mount on right wing. Comes with a 5' black fiberglass tunable Wilson antenna
    - Bonnet spare tire mount w/ spare tire
    - MOD mounting stuff on the rear door
    - drop hitch .. burly

Additional parts added or done by him:

New right front half shaft, bearings, races, and seals

replaced oil bath air filter with new paper filter

new clutch plate and pressure plate with OEM parts

new oem front brake calipers

new speedo cable

new exhaust manifold, rocker cover, and oil pan gaskets

new master and slave cylinders for clutch

new muffler

reupholstered seats

new headlamps

diff, trans, and CV swivels fuild changed within the last years with no leaks

oil and oil fiter changed with purchase

Misc spare parts and manuals .. paid around 100-200 for all that stuff (I was with him when we bought it)

This is the only pic I have available. He is going to get good pics all around and inside pics here in a few weeks when he returns home. If you would like to talk to him just shoot me a email r_burroughs@hotmail.com and I'll shoot you his number.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7a&id=46207194

currently has these tires on it:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...0a&id=46207194

He is asking 20k but is negotiable and a easy going guy.

Andrew Barton is his name call 704 677 4210
    Last edited by weatherm; 03-22-2011 at 03:09 PM.