2001 D2 a month ago engine light came on flashing ran bad chugges and misses but is good when on the pedal. Took it in to my local rover dealer and they said i need new coil packs and #5&8 are missfiring. 3 days later same thing. 2nd. visit they say 2 of my 02 sensors are bad go home order replace all 4. 3 days later same thing. 3rd. visit go back they say mass air flow sensor bad. Go home order replace 3 days later same thing.So i also change plugs seeing the wires are also new and they're not open on sat. 3 days later same thing. 4th visit tell them i'm not paying for anything untill this is fixed. 2 days later they call to tell me i've put the wrong plugs in- the same ones i took out! Tell me they should be ngk or champion. Ask them for the plug part #. It happens to be Bosch NLP100320 what i put in. 2 days later they call and tell me it's my cam, crank or knock sensor and say i don't care fix it. Over 2000.00 in parts alone - labor at $95.00/hr x 40 hrs.! 6 this evening i call and get voice mail. By 7 they call and say still doesn't run and will dropping off a LR2 at work for me because it could be another week after they remove all wiring harnesses from engine and check for bad leads?!
Anybody got a comment/idea. You know it's going to get even better next week.