I started this project in February 2010 with a 109 that has been in the family for about 20 years. It spent its ex mod life on Nantucket island where the salt gave it a real beating. It was getting to the point where I either save it now or it would have been beyond repair and required at least a new frame and much more im sure. I have never done a restoration before but have always been obsessed with rovers and wrenching on them. I figured taking one apart and putting it back together would be a great way to learn.

Anyway this is the start of my build thread. I welcome any criticism or questions. There is no way I could have made it to where I am now had it not been for this forum and the folks on it. February of last year it was running and driving perfect before I started taking it apart. I spent each and every day until end of May wrenching on it. This year my quest started up again on new years day 2011 and I have been going ever since. Currently I almost have a rolling chassis (waiting on tires) and I have now taken on the bodywork and wiring process.

Some background info on the rover: 1970 IIa 109 ex mod with 46,000 miles. Started life as an ambulance but when purchased in 1990 it was fresh off the boat with no more ambulance box. It was converted to left hand drive and had a pick up bed and soft top added. It was also still camo though not for long.