Thread: Plasma Rope

Default Plasma Rope

Tride and tested,
    Whats the best quality plasma rope out there? 3/8th - over 100' ?

Sincerely,

Series III 88'

I don't know if there is a "best" but Viking sells some good ropes, Masterpull sells good stuff and there's always the good ol' amsteel product. I think many of the resellers use the same types of fiber, the difference being in how they package it and the type of rope they offer.
    Just don't get the 100 feet for $89 stuff, you won't be happy with it.

Default Amsteel

I have the grey stuff. It deformes under load. I am unhappy with it's design. I have used the blue amsteel and I feel it is a better product. Also , get the largest thickness you can afford. As these will all flatten, you want the most bulk on your drum for better pull.
    Just my 2 cents worth.
    Whence came you my brother ? From the East....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    I have the grey stuff. It deformes under load. I am unhappy with it's design. I have used the blue amsteel and I feel it is a better product. Also , get the largest thickness you can afford. As these will all flatten, you want the most bulk on your drum for better pull.
    Just my 2 cents worth.

thanks for the help.

Series III 88

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Icon View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth.

I'm confused by the "most bulk on the drum for a better pull" comment.

Your strongest pull is with the first layer of rope/wire that is directly on the drum. The more layers you pile up the weaker the pull.