Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shippers for large tub

Default Shippers for large tub

Anyone have any suggestions for companies that ship large freight? Going from Mass to SC. Need a good company that can pick it up and ship to Charleston without beating the tar out of it. Any advice or comments appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by PH4 View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for companies that ship large freight? Going from Mass to SC. Need a good company that can pick it up and ship to Charleston without beating the tar out of it. Any advice or comments appreciated.
    If you are a first time shipper with UPS freight they will give you a HUGE discount. You might check them.

Birmabright Brotherhood

Take the vow, join the brotherhood!

Clint Rankin - 1972 SIII SWB

Some folks have used Greyhound - but your shipper would need to take it to them and you would have to go and get it from the local Greyhound station.
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

I was put on to Redneck Express by the old cowboy I use to work with. Go to your nearest horse trailer dealer and see if they have anyone moving one in the right direction. A lot of people who move horses with those big 5th wheel trailers will also put anything in the back to help cover fuel costs.

My T-posts came from Montanna by rodeo clown. UPS wouldn't touch them and the quotes I got from U-ship were about three times the worth of the parts. It cost me $100 in the end.

Tub as in land rover body tub? I'm driving from Manchester, NH to Beaufort, SC next month, but a body tub is probably a bit big to fit on the roof of my wife's FJ Cruiser...
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by SafeAirOne View Post
    Tub as in land rover body tub? I'm driving from Manchester, NH to Beaufort, SC next month, but a body tub is probably a bit big to fit on the roof of my wife's FJ Cruiser...
    According to you or your wife?
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com

I've seen stranger things on the top of a car. Go for it!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by LaneRover View Post
    Some folks have used Greyhound - but your shipper would need to take it to them and you would have to go and get it from the local Greyhound station.
    In order to get a 109 tub into the luggage compartment of a Greyhound, you'ld have to crush it first. Not sure that's the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrys View Post
    In order to get a 109 tub into the luggage compartment of a Greyhound, you'ld have to crush it first. Not sure that's the best option.
    details . . . . details . . .
    1958 107 SW - Sold to a better home
    1965 109 SW - nearly running well
    1966 88 SW - running but needing attention
    1969 109 P-UP

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=64cfe23aa2

SafeAirOne, We could use a trailer? I would much rather pay a member here than a shipping company. PM you with my number.