Thread: Brake light- Servo wire connections- Front axle line. 74 SIII 109 Ex-Mod

Default Brake light- Servo wire connections- Front axle line. 74 SIII 109 Ex-Mod

Hello, I did comb through a few posts. I'm sure someone has posted this before, I couldn't find them though. I thought I would just post and get a group of queries answered at the same time.
    1.) Where is the brake light switch?
    2.) There are 2 sets of connections on the servo/master cylinder. What is each connection for?
    3.) Where do the rear lights ground? (I think I have a faulty ground)
    4.) I don't have a specific question about the turn indicators yet, but I can get power to both lights by touching a hot wire to the rivets on the detached turn signal switch, I have not gotten them to flash (blink)...anything I might look out for when I go to connect them?
    5.) What is the line coming out of the top of the front axle for? Where does it connect?

thank you in advance.

Tasi

Quote Originally Posted by Tasi Autele View Post
    1.) Where is the brake light switch?
    Top of the brake pedal tower.

2.) There are 2 sets of connections on the servo/master cylinder. What is each connection for?
    Electrical Connections or hydraulic connections? If it's electric, then one on top of the brake pedal tower is for the brake lights. It closes, sending electricity further down the line through the brake lights, then on to ground, when the brake pedal is pushed. If the other one is on the bottom of the servo itself, then it's for a brake failure indicator light. It activates when you lose vacuum to the servo.

3.) Where do the rear lights ground? (I think I have a faulty ground)
    They are grounded inside the rear tub, under the covers in the back corners above the wheelwells. Each light assembly has a black ground wire coming out of it with a bullet connector that fits into a clip screwed to the rear tub.

4.) I don't have a specific question about the turn indicators yet, but I can get power to both lights by touching a hot wire to the rivets on the detached turn signal switch, I have not gotten them to flash (blink)...anything I might look out for when I go to connect them?
    No. They operate the same way as all the other lights. Power into one wire with the other wire going to ground.

5.) What is the line coming out of the top of the front axle for? Where does it connect?
    It's just a vent line. Not sure of MoD trucks came equipped with them or if someone has fitted a remote breather in place of the regular breather. The hose attached to the remote breather is routed so that it will be terminate above the highest water you plan on driving through, and in a manner so that water (rain, wheel splash, etc.) won't easily enter the end of the hose. It doesn't connect to anything.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).