Thread: 1966 Series IIa 109" ex-MOD RHD For Sale

Default 1966 Series IIa 109" ex-MOD RHD For Sale

SOLD 11.27.11
    [I]
    To a great home!

Thank you to the approximately 2 dozen enthusiasts who wrote or called, and expressed interest![/
    I]

1966 Series IIa 109" ex-MOD RHD - Pick up, with full hoop set/canvas top, and RoversNorth roll cage w/ front cab canvas top.

Imported from UK in November 1997. Full Chasis up rebuild by David Gage at Thatched Roof Garage in 2005.

Vehicle located in Bon Air, VA, just outside of Richmond.

Mileage - approximately 78,500 miles on the truck. Just over 40K when imported to US at time of purchase. Current State Inspection and Virginia Vehicle Title.

This is an extraordinary and trusted vehicle. ROAV and BRLRC members will recognize the truck as it is a formidable on the trails, having participated in dozens of LR rallyes across North America.

I have proudly owned 13 Land Rover vehicles in the past 21 years. 5 are still in our driveway.

Sadly, I am just not able to enjoy this vehicle as much as I would like. I have only been able to drive about 2000 miles total since 2008.

As part of the full restoration in 2005 - complete suspension upgrade, engine overall, and paint/body fittings. Excellent paint work and interior. A winch, parabolic springs, overdrive, Defender seats and a roll cage are noteworthy upgrades to an otherwise stock vehicle.

I love the truck – I have always done my best to care for the vehicle properly.

Unfortunately I am unable to get it out on the road and the trails. I hope to find a good home for it.

I had a good chuckle when I checked my expenses on the truck – I have invested over $30K. RoversNorth beloved customer?

The only maintenance issues that I am aware - a brake fluid leak at the left front, an oil leak at the filter, a leak in the steering column reservoir, a faulty line connection to the radio, a speedo/odometer that hasn’t functioned in 10 years and worn tops (full and half). None is an issue for me as I have no problems when I am able to drive. Starts right up and always gets me where I am going. Slowly but surely.

Offered below market at $10,500., in hopes it will find a good Land Rover home.

I will post a few pictures. Please let me know if you have any questions, I shall do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Bob Steele
    bob_steele@comcast.net
    Last edited by bobsteele; 11-27-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Vehicle SOLD

Default A few more photographs

Photographs 4 - 6.

Default More Photographs

Photographs 7 - 9.

Default More Photographs

Photographs 10 - 12.

Default Last set of Photographs

Photographs 13 - 15.

Default Vehicle SOLD