Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any market for 101's?

When I win the lotto I will have at least 1. But until then I dont think I will have the time or money to keep up with one and the other 3 Rovers, boat, family, friends, etc, etc, etc.

ECR did a great one a few years ago, something along those lines would be great.

I can even see using one as a DD if it was done right and I could mitigate the above issues...
    First but gone: 91 3 door Disco "White Rhino"
    77 Series III 88 ex MoD "Shongololo"
    Gone and I miss her: 97 D1 5 speed
    04 DII
    08 D3 (LR3)

at one point in time I was interested in a 101...then...to be honest I decided that if I were wanting a forward control type vehicle i would rather have a Unimog.

Info on the 101 I am bring over
    1982 RHD 101
    This has to be one of the finest examples we have had, totally exceptional condition throughout for year, GS model just fitted with an extended truck-cab roof canvas (brand new) with opening roll up rear window. The truck has the rest of the rear tilt bars in the back if you wish to run a full canvas.

The paintwork is so tidy it is hard to tell wether it has been sprayed or brushed. (very little paint build up), lovely staright panels and the rear floor is just perfect condition compared with others you see. For last mot the truck had all new wheel cylinders / master cylinder and shoes from the 101 club. Big job and costly, so nice to know these have only covered a handful of miles.

Truely remarkable condition throughout and a super drive with great V8 power.

Its a nice add but mentions nothing of the important things you need to know about a 101.

Brake shoes are the same as the bigger 6 pot brakes on a 109. Nothing special there. The master cylinder can be replaced with one from the 109 with the addition of a small adapter piece for the brake pipe instead of the reservoir.

Paint is paint and if that is all you looked at you're in for some suprises. A MOT means pretty much nothing other than basic safe operation and emissions.

Great V8 power is 135hp in stock form. It rather brings the cynic out in me regarding the rest.

Passed the pre buy by a 101 club member with flying colors. So hopefully it's a good 101.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoswede View Post
    at one point in time I was interested in a 101...then...to be honest I decided that if I were wanting a forward control type vehicle i would rather have a Unimog.
    Try a Volvo c303, even better for every day use IMHO. Will go better with your Saabs too.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/2702452576.html
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by derekchace View Post
    Info on the 101 I am bring over
    1982 RHD 101.

One Question-how is it an '82 anyway? I was under the impression that production at Land Rover ended in '77-'78? No mention of the winch- how is that? Have you see this yourself or are you buying it sight unseen?

Land Rover UK Forums

No winch. Payed for a pre buy buy some 101 club members and had some family take it for a test drive. all came back very positive

Quote Originally Posted by derekchace View Post
    LHD worth on more then RHD? For the 101's?
    Usually RHD are harder to sell here because of the perception that they are harder to drive, the fact that you have to back through drive up tellers and drive throughs etc. Doesn't bother me but it definitely scares away some potential customers.

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by yorker View Post
    Usually RHD are harder to sell here because of the perception that they are harder to drive, the fact that you have to back through drive up tellers and drive throughs etc. Doesn't bother me but it definitely scares away some potential customers.
    On a 101 with the spare mounted you can't see behind you. You learn to live in your mirrors. I can't say how that would feel in a LHD world.

A 1982 GS is most likely one that was stored as a chassis cab as stock and then fitted by Marshals with a GS body of their own pattern to be used as one of the vehicles serving a Rapier system. I understand records are sketchy reargding this build. You need a letter from LR to prove build date which will most likely state somewhere between 75-78 for the original vehicle. If your truck is plated as an 82 you might want to make sure you have all your documentation squared away with US customs befoe puting it in a box. They are getting mighty squirrely when it comes to MVs these days. When I exported mine I even had to explain why I imported it 10 years ago, then why I was exporting it.

It could also have been an ambulance conversion through the same path that has received a GS body later but that is less likely.