Thread: 2.5 diesel wakes up

Default 2.5 diesel wakes up

I just had the exhaust done on the 110 with a 2.5 na diesel. I decided to save some $$ and go to a local hot rodder and have him bend and weld for me. Total job cost me less than half of what the parts alone would have cost for the stock exhaust.

I went with 2.5 tubing from the downpipe back. Wow what a difference. I've got a noticeable improvement on the top end now. It still accelerates pretty slow but has a bit more top end for keeping up with traffic.

What was on there before?
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Sorry about the typo, it's 2.25" not 2.5".

What was on there before was a pieced together mess of stock size stuff at 1.75" diameter. The tailpipe was rusted out just behind the rear axle and it was leaking at the bottom of the down pipe.

I have a stock system on my 90 now but it is very dented from a life offroad. I have a new stock system to install this winter. I am worried that if I mod my exhaust I might have problems next year when they bring in emissions testing for vehicules 8 years and older here in Quebec.
    67 angry hamsters

Do you mean to tell me they are going to do emissions testing on old diesel vehicles?

Yep! I am going to have to plate it as an antique if I want to get around it.
    67 angry hamsters