Thread: Build your own bulkhead...why not

Talking Build your own bulkhead...why not

My hybrid...on hold for a while...goes through mental design revisions on a daily basis. It is a shortened disco chassis sitting on disco 24 spline axles and 33" mud terrains. I think i will just build a simple bulkhead similar to a series 1 out of square stock steel and steel sheetmetal. should be strong like tank and cost a fraction of a true bulkhead restoration. Originality be damned this thing is already a mutt. This way i can make it a little shorter, bolt the seats to the floor, and build a raceresque offroader. There is a nice looking series 1 hybrid in one of the rover mags I liked quite a bit...plus it keeps the build simple. I think my rover 3.5 will go in as I have it. Just have to determine a cheap transmission and maybe just run a series transfer box.

I have a NOS firewall out of a morratabb lightweight. It is very similar to a series one firewall. CHEAP. Accepts SII style dash panel. Would save you the trouble