Thread: 94 NAS D-90 Fuel pump problem

Default 94 NAS D-90 Fuel pump problem

Hello, I drive my defender only on the weekend and can sometimes go a couple of weeks without driving it.

I went out to the truck this weekend to run some errands and when I turned the key on, the familier whirr of the fuel pump was missing and the truck will not start.

Does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting before I order a new fuel pump?

I have checked the fuse and as far as I can tell it is fine, I tried the cut off switch to see if that did something and got no where with that either.

There is power to all other items in the truck that I can tell, but I have not done a good check of everything. I climbed under the truck and I can not hear the fuel pump running, the engine turns over fine, and it has spark.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Check the nearest connection to the tank. There could be corrosion at the plug.
    John

It turned out to be a bad relay. Simple fix!