Thread: Kahn Defender Wheels Sneak Peak!

Default Kahn Defender Wheels Sneak Peak!

Sneak peak of the Kahn wheels coming mid to late April! Both wheels are available in black and silver.

A. Kahn is a British designer that does high end custom work for many marques, including Land Rover. You can see his other work here:
    http://www.kahndesign.com/automotive/projectkahn/

The Defender wheels are new for Kahn and they contacted Rovers North to be the exclusive USA distributor. We have had customers enquire about wheels of this quality so we are going to run with it!

The prices from Kahn are not finalized, but they estimate about about $1800 for a set of 4 of the 16" wheels and $2000 for the 18". Prices include shipping to Continental USA. Lug nuts, center caps and tires are extra. Again, prices are just an estimate as they have yet to be released.

What do you folks think? Perhaps not for the utility users, but a nice bit of kit for the discerning enthusiast. I fancy the 18" in black but would keep keep my rag tag wheels (which I plundered off a Disco bound for the crusher) for wheeling!

Contact me for more info or if you want to be at the front of the waiting list!

Last edited by ThePhotographer; 02-24-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Pretty, but real Rovers roll on steelies!
    67 angry hamsters

Default Don't be fooled...

Don't be fooled into thinking that these wheels only look pretty! Both wheels ARE for offroad use, will have Tuv Certification and weight tested 8x16 so you offroaders can put the 285 profile tyre onto it.

Default Defender wheels

LOL RoverDover - Yeah thats like I think my wife is beautiful but you may think she's a dog!! Thank god we are all different and like different things - it makes the world go around

Mike4leeds, I have no doubt they would hold up to off-road use! I was just saying if I had a pair I may not have the stomach to risk scratching the perfect black finish! Especially when I already own a worthless set of old Discovery wheels

I bought 5 wolf wheels from RN when I first got my deefer.3 years of beatings with 9.00r16 michelin XLs and they still ran straight when I returned to stock tyres this past summer. I just dont like the idea of scratching an alloy wheel on the trail, and steelies can be straigtened with a hammer trailside.
    67 angry hamsters

RoverDover, glad to hear you like your Wolf wheels! We are going to continue to offer the regular and vented steel wheels plus the Tera Firma alloy wheels in addition to these new Kahn wheels. Everybody can choose what works best for them!

And I hope never to need to use a hammer on a steel wheel on the side of the trail! I think I would put the spare on first