Thread: Testing the waters: 1972 Series III Lightweight, Ex-MOD/RAF RHD Restored PRICE REDUX

Default Testing the waters: 1972 Series III Lightweight, Ex-MOD/RAF RHD Restored PRICE REDUX

Testing the waters: 1972 Land Rover Series III Lightweight, Ex-MOD/RAF, RHD, Restored

Land Rover Series III Lightweight / Air Transportable MoD Rover available in Alexandria, VA.

I purchased this 1972 Rover from a dealer in Kings Lynn in Norfolk, UK that specializes in buying and restoring ex-Ministry of Defence (MoD) Land Rovers. They completely restored and rebuilt it from the frame up in 1999-2000. I purchased it "new" after the restoration in 2000 -- the miles are what I have put on it since it was rebuilt. I need to 2x check the odometer, but I think it’s less than 5K miles. Restored to its original RAF Red Arrows livery colors. Garage stored.

I have all my maintenance records and have been meticulous about maintaining it, but we've really only used it for fun weekend outings, parades, etc. It also has the original hard top and rear door. The one caveat to the sale is: I am active duty military stationed in Germany. The Rover is in storage at our townhouse garage in Alexandria, and any viewings will need to be arranged with our tenants. Therefore, serious inquiries only, and finalization of any sale may take a few weeks for us to mail the title to Virginia to our tenants.

The hard top and door is also in government storage until our return in summer of 2013. We will include a clause in the contract that the top and door will be made available to the buyer upon our return next summer. Bikini top only provided with sale.

Entertaining offers starting at $17,500.

E-mail is the best way to reach me: branjules@hotmail.com; if you want to call me here in Germany, my work number is (49) 711 729 3264, or home is (49) 711 504 38357 – we’re 6 hours ahead of East Coast time.

Thanks for your interest!
    Brandon
    Last edited by brandonhal; 05-08-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: price reduction

Update -- 8052 miles since restoration.

We will entertain offers on Red Rover, with a desired price point near 17.5k, but are open to discussions.

Please contact me with any questions. Thanks.

Little movement on Red Rover, so reducing the price to $15K if a Rover enthusiast can give it a good home. All paperwork, title and history available and ready for transfer. Thanks!

Default Shipping Included! 1972 Series III Lightweight, Ex-MOD/RAF RHD Restored PRICE REDUX

Will include shipping expense in asking price up to $2K within CONUS