Thread: M416

Default M416

Hey guys - I am trying to find out some more information on the M416 trailer, I can buy one relatively inexpensive right now - but I was wondering about wheels/hubs. I have found out on another board they are similar to Jeep hub pattern.

Does anyone have one - and have you converted to the Land ROver bolt pattern? Or any other suggestions?

Cheers.
    1963 Series IIa 109" 5 door Safari top (SOLD to new home)
    1971 Series IIa 88" Soft top (SOLD to new home)
    1995 RRC - LWB
    2001 Discovery II SE7 (SOLD to new home)

I've gotr a M416, my brother has one and our father has a Bantam, they are handy little trailers.

You could get wheel adapters and use LR rims though they might stick out some. You might be able to redrill te hubs themselves for LR pattern, I've never bothered to investigate that option too closely.

The M416 is 5 on 5.5" pattern wheras Land Rovers are 5 on 6.5". There are tons of wheels out there for 5 on 5.5" Ford Trucks, Suzuki Samurais, Jeeps back to WWII used them etc.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

I looked at getting LR adapters for my 416. Have up when the costs became silly. It already had adapters from 5.5 to 4.5.
    But I did dump the jeep wheels that looks horrid. That happened after I realized the family trickster had same bolt pattern. Got a second wheel off fleabag (already had one) a worn tire fitted for free and run that set up now.

http://www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/whee.../prod_555.html

those adapters would likely work, I know I've used Samurai wheels on a 416 before. Someone else had a source for cheaper adapters made here in the USA. Maybe US Wheel Adapters?
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums