Thread: Weber Carb woes, whats missing?

Default Weber Carb woes, whats missing?

Doing a tune up my 73 series 3 as its has been running rough and acting up the past few day. I discovered a noticeable noise of sucking air from the weber 34ICH and not from the normal place . I've attached to picture off the offending hole, is it suppose to be leaded up or is there suppose to be another kind of insert.

cheers

Steve

Yes that passage should be blocked. It seems to be a lead or aluminum plug that sits flush on mine.
    1973 NADA 88

Thanks! I used a lead musket shot to block the hole. I went D&L Hunting & Outdoor Lodge in Warwick RI they were great with my bizarre request, they sized and found the perfect lead shot size for the hole. Got home tapped it in with a hammer and filed it smooth. Trucks run perfect again!!!