Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is it and is it rear???

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    In the last sentence he mentioned it was coil sprung. I'm interested to see what chassis/body set up they used.
    My primary school reading comprehension has failed me.

I'm gonna go back and say we need pictures of...well...everything. Starting to sound like a series that has been replaced with a lot of defender.

Or designa chassis. Those are nice.

Default Ebay

There is a 1967 109 on ebay that says retored but is a 109 mwith a defender front. He wants a lot and it is nice but I would think that kind of money would go to a restored original landy.

Again sweet looking rig but is it worth $36995. Thoughts to the group? I know you have all seen it.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by jumpmaster54 View Post
    There is a 1967 109 on ebay that says retored but is a 109 mwith a defender front. He wants a lot and it is nice but I would think that kind of money would go to a restored original landy.

Again sweet looking rig but is it worth $36995. Thoughts to the group? I know you have all seen it.

Stan
    Worth a look or a laugh, but $37 grand???

A 109 with a Deffie "front" is not a restoration.

Got a link or do we play 20 questions again?
    Alan

109 Stage 1 V8 ex-army FFR
    2005 Disco 2 HSE

http://www.youtube.com/user/alalit

Default Link

Here the link to Ebay if that is what you mean. Stan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...item1e6c6dfef0

Yeah...That's an old 109 with a different set of wings, bonnet and rad support panel and a different engine.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

x2 on the title.

It's what you call a "resto-mod". While it does have some nice upgrades like a big heater, it is far from an original "frame off" restoration. If you're OK with that....

That one would require a real close inspection. Look at the picture of the outer door latch handle, looks like some rust on the inside of the pocket missed the "cover up" layer.
    Gale Breitkreutz
    '03 Disco
    '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
    '47 CJ2A

Odd that you described it as a Defender in the OP--Usually sellers of these Defenderizations list it as a Defender or at least have "Defender" in the title somewhere, but on this listing the seller makes it plain that this is a 1967 Land Rover 109. In fact, I don't see Defender" anywhere in the listing at all, though I only scanned it very quickly.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhotographer View Post
    Do you have photos or more information? Is it a 109 or 88? If it has a V8, it could be a defenderized SIII Stage 1
    Sorry guys ... knew I should post some pics...just didnt have a camera at the time,....I will get some photos soon....Like I said it is a v8, col springs, disc front brakes, exterior roll cage, slotted grill, extended hood flush with the fenders...does not have the 3 rear lights..does not say defender on it any where..I havent seen the title...the interior has diamond plate aluminum over the hump,,,,,stay tuned for photos .....