Thread: Lights

Default Lights

A few nights ago I lost all lights (headlights, brakes, directional) after I came out of the grocery store. I changed out the mod 6 way switch tonight and no change. The ignition and all the wipers work fine. I plan to start tracing it down tomorrow. Any starting points or ideas?
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

I'd start by making sure that the safety switch that inhibits any visible lights from coming on during IR operations is in the right position and is operating correctly.
    Last edited by SafeAirOne; 03-24-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Default Safety Switch

I am not too smart on the "safety switch". My rotary six way dial is in the correct position. My interior cold start light stays on as normal so I am not on any interior blackout like a HUMMV would be. I attached a photo of the switches on my panel. I will admit I am unsure what the black button does on the top left.
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

I'm not too familiar with the MoD Rovers, so yours may not have this switch--It would have a guard that looks like this:

Further info here: http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Infrared.html
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Default Switch

I do not have that switch. I do think though it has to be something simple. If all my headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and turn signals do not work it appears it would be some sort of blackout funtion failure. It is raining out today so I cannot do too much under the hood as far as running down wiring.
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)