No extra money for the transfer case or handbrake assembly. I get the entire rolling chassis; everything but the body and interior for one money; we all know the motor's bad so they'll keep that for the core or, more likely, to crush. I'll take the tranny as well even though it's an auto.

I don't know if I misspoke about shortening the chassis, but I measured the wheelbase Saturday and figured out that the Disco chassis would not need shortening if I went with a 100" hybrid.

If going with a 100" wheelbase allows for the use of an auto transmission, I may explore that. If so, the obvious path of least resistance would appear to be the one that will likely come with the 4bd1t or the one from the Disco. It would seem clear that the Isuzu auto can handle the 4bd1t's power; don't know about the LR box.

Otherwise, for manual trannies you've suggested the NP435 and I've also had the NV4500 recommended. I guess there are lots of possibilities once the 4bd1t is adapted to look like an SBC. Cheap, short, and compatible/adaptable to the transfer case will be relevant.

Comments?