Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Source for 200tdi

No extra money for the transfer case or handbrake assembly. I get the entire rolling chassis; everything but the body and interior for one money; we all know the motor's bad so they'll keep that for the core or, more likely, to crush. I'll take the tranny as well even though it's an auto.

I don't know if I misspoke about shortening the chassis, but I measured the wheelbase Saturday and figured out that the Disco chassis would not need shortening if I went with a 100" hybrid.

If going with a 100" wheelbase allows for the use of an auto transmission, I may explore that. If so, the obvious path of least resistance would appear to be the one that will likely come with the 4bd1t or the one from the Disco. It would seem clear that the Isuzu auto can handle the 4bd1t's power; don't know about the LR box.

Otherwise, for manual trannies you've suggested the NP435 and I've also had the NV4500 recommended. I guess there are lots of possibilities once the 4bd1t is adapted to look like an SBC. Cheap, short, and compatible/adaptable to the transfer case will be relevant.

Comments?

Discos and Range Rover Classics are 100" thats why the popularity of 100" hybrids emerged. I don't think the ZF auto transmission can hold up to a 4bd1t but there are those who claim they can be built to stand up to almost anything... I still have my doubts.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Is the ZF auto what the Disco has in it?

yep ZF hp22.
    1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bfrieck View Post
    the fact that they were installed in very few, if any, vehicles exported to the USA, explains the relatively high prices for good used ones.
    There were none. No tdi powered trucks were ever offered for sale by LRNA.
    DividingCreekImports.com
    Tdi 130 Crew Cab x2
    110 V8 5 door

Well, my salvage buddy called today and said his "mechanics" had removed the body from my discovery. He said everything went well. We'll see - I kind of wanted to be there when they did it and I thought we had so agreed but I guess not. Anyway, I was sort of envisioning a disco version of the bus chassis delivery in the movie "The Mexican", where a guy is ferrying a bus chassis across Mexico sitting on an apple crate with no body whatsoever. (I actually saw one of those going down the highway on a trip to Mexico a few years ago - just about the coolest thing I ever saw). Somehow I suspect my rolling chassis is going to be a long way from a "driver" - just hope there aren't a whole bunch of expensive missing bits. I hope to get over there tomorrow but it may not be until Saturday. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

People's Republick of Cambridge & Malpais CR

So where did this all go? Seemed like a cool project the OP was planning.
    The Toltec Coffee fleet....
    96 FZJ80: 3XL, lifted, and shaved
    94 FZJ 80: our Costa Rican coffee and surf mobile
    70 Series IIA 88: After 18 months of wrenching, its alive and legal to drive!
    70 Series IIA 88: in US on H-1B visa
    56 Series I 86: a whole new type of rover hell....

Hey guys, new to this forum, but on a couple of other LR ones. I currently own 2 XMOD LR's a 90 and 110. The 90 is currently in Romania, just did a 4500km trip cross country (11 countries) and she is staying with friends until I pick her up in April and head back towards the UK. My 110 is undergoing some minor work, bits and bobs etc, and then maybe a trip to Morroco in July or so, after that I will be shipping both back to the US. I will ship via a container (since I have 2) and I might have some additional room for bits and bobs. I would be open to throw some extra 200TDI, 300TDI R380's etc in the container and ship them over.

Cheers,
    Lance
    Last edited by lssah2025; 01-05-2013 at 12:24 AM.