Thread: PCV valve.

Default PCV valve.

This item was either never present or has been removed from my truck in the past. It's a '71 SIIA NADA. In that I am trying to improve running, help the environment (HA ha I know.) and limit the oil drips I want to fit a PCV system.

Having seen the cost of the OEM design I was wondering if anyone had fitted a modern PCV system? If so what valve did you use and how is it hooked up? I prefer the idea of being able to replce this part from any of the common auto parts places and don't really care about originality in this respect.

As I understand it I want one hose from the air ifilter and one hose to the connection on the intake horn. Control of the valve would be achieved by adding a t-piece to the vacuum advance line on the carb. Is this a good way to set it up.

Cheers
    Gregor

I drilled and ground a hole into the valve cover to fit a rubber PCV gromet, and used a generic PCV with a 3/8" 90 degree fitting. The PCV was plumbed to a hose installed on a 'T' fitting in the rubber hose running from the below carb port to the brake booster. I removed the valve cover breather cap and plugged the hole with a freeze plug. I used the side oil fill tube with a push on 'closed' style cap from an old Ford. The side of the oil fill tube had a 3/8" hose fitting that I routed to a similar fitting on the carb intake elbow. It seemed to work just fine, until I replaced the 2.25 with a 3.9 V8.

Bob