Thread: temp guage inop, new sensor made no difference...?

Default temp guage inop, new sensor made no difference...?

96, temp guage doesn't work. I put a new sensor in and it still doesn't work. Is there more than one? The one I replaced is next to the thermostat. Plug looks ok. I also replaced my brake pressure reducing valve and having a hell of a time getting my pedal back to where it should be. Nothing but fluid out of the top of the ABS modulator-no air...Didn't have much air anyway.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109

on a gems and 14 cux system you will have 3 sensors, one is located on the thermostat housing with two male plugs and it is about and inch in diameter, this serves as a thermosensor for the auxiliary fans, ont he gems 4.0, 4.6 engines this is green in color and uses a plug similar to those of the injectors...on the left front water jacket just ahead of cilyndr one intake runner on the manifold is one used to control injector pulse with based on coolant temp... normally colored black with a fuel injector type connector on all engines gems and cux.. this is read by the ecu.... lastly there is one with a single pole connector behind the thermostat water jacket this will be the one sending signal to the gauge... all of them tend to form a greenish powdery rust caused by improper electrical connections... more than once I have had to hunt the connectors in order to install the new sensor as this rust has deteriorated the connector terminals..

thanks you make me feel better. my trek is from massachusetts and is rusted out underneath. I'll need to replace the sills, wheel houses, rear arches ect. all of my electrical connections so far have been good...
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109