I have both left and right LR auxilliary light switches, they have 4 wire plugs like all the other binnacle switches. I know black is ground and the red/yellow? is parking illumination. light was bad, but they are the two inner wires of the 4. I am wiring these to have the highbeam (blue/white) supply power to the switch so that I can leave the switch on and simply use the dimmer to kick them on with the highbeams and then back off again with the dimmer switch. I'm wiring the 8" LR Safari lights on the bull bar to the left side and the rack lights to the right side. Problem is that when I connect my switched power source (highbeam) to the one terminal of the switch all it does is illuminate the indictor lamp as if it was switched on, when depressed it makes no difference. Connecting it to the other end is a short with the switch in either position... It is a switched switch meaning you press it and it turns on, but returns to the rest position just as the other fog light switch does.... Anyone know the way these switches are to be wired? These are factory aux light switches... Should be:
ground
illumination
power in
signal power out
indicator light on should occure when power in goes through the switch in the on position to send the power to switch the relay on to power the lamps. indicator should not be on when switch is off...