Thread: Weather Seal Removal - Tips?

Default Weather Seal Removal - Tips?

Any suggestions for removing dried up weather seal? Specifically the cab top-to-cab seal. Heat gun and a stiff putty knife can get out big chunks, but the adhesive is making it a bear. I think chemicals are going to be needed to really clean out the channel. Acetone? Xylene? Something less potent but not likely to get me goofy?

Quote Originally Posted by pjsank View Post
    Any suggestions for removing dried up weather seal? Specifically the cab top-to-cab seal. Heat gun and a stiff putty knife can get out big chunks, but the adhesive is making it a bear. I think chemicals are going to be needed to really clean out the channel. Acetone? Xylene? Something less potent but not likely to get me goofy?
    I used a putty knife.
    Mike

1969 Series IIa 88 2.25 petrol

Default 3M Adhesive removal

not that toxic

Quote Originally Posted by emmotto View Post
    I used a putty knife.
    1968 battlefield ambulance/camper
    1963 Unimog Radio box
    1995 LWB RR

I just did this and found a wire wheel (medium ) mounted on a drill worked very well. Spotlessly clean despite the goo...and no chemicals. Im still picking pieces of wire out of my carharts though!..J