Thread: 1961 Series II 109 Station Wagon

Default 1961 Series II 109 Station Wagon

1961 Land Rover Series II 109 Station Wagon. This truck was originally delivered to Canada in 1961. Drives great. Fully restored but not a trailer queen. I rebuilt and restored this truck to be driven. Here's what I've done to it in the past 6 years: replaced frame with fully galvanized unit, parabolic springs front and rear, complete new wiring harness, replaced all the doors, replaced most panels, replaced all the weather stripping, Rhino lined the inside of the roof to match the paint, custom upholstered back seat to match the fronts, completely stripped and repainted the truck, Wolf style steel wheels, completely rebuilt the motor bored .030 over, new piston, bearings, etc., installed a 2.5L camshaft, electronic ignition, new carb, new clutch, new transmission and transfer case, new front differential. Honestly, the only thing that has NOT been rebuilt or replaced is the rear-diff, which is just fine, and the front swivel housings, which do leak a bit.

This truck is ready for another 50 years. This truck gets looks and attention everywhere it goes. It looks great, runs great, and is very unique. You will not see another like it in this kind of shape.

Asking $17,500. Don't bother me with low-ball offers.

Pictures can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/109ForSale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0560.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	7166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0555_zps62f1578c.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	7167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0539_zps80bc0eac.jpg 
Views:	920 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	7168  

I'm guessing by the fauna that you aren't anywhere near me but where is the truck? Looks like a nice rig.

It's in Florida. But I could meet half-way if you buy it.

Bump.

What part of Florida. I have a buddy who is interested.
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

Melbourne, FL

I passed this off to him. He is located in Virginia.
    1971 Ex Mod IIA 109
    1985 D110
    1998 D1 (Sold)

SOLD!!!