Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrafirma DII Bumper

Default Terrafirma DII Bumper

What do you all think of, know of, the Terrafirma winch bumper for the DII?

It seems like a good bit of kit, but...? Who knows?

I'm a light off-roader. I rarely, rarely go out planning on using the winch, but it is the type of thing that I am more and more wishing I had set up on my DII. I'm not worried about banging stumps and hard core rock crawling type of recovery. I simply need a sure thing for recovery in case that mud is deeper than it looked, etc, etc...

The bumper looks good, but I'm having a hard time getting high quality images. I would love to see some full body shots with a 2003/2004 Disco. Some close ups of the way it lines up with the body panels. And a good look at how much of the underside is exposed compared to the stock bumper, etc...

Thanks,

I have good news for you. We are installing the new Terrafirma bumper on a 2003 DII this weekend, I will be photographing it and the photos will go up as soon as possible. You can shoot me an email early on Saturday and I'll send over a high resolution photo of the bumper installed. It seems to be a great medium size/weight winch bumper for the DII. I'll be installing the ARB bar on mine soon(3432060) because I like the full protection, but will suffer on gas mileage!

Cheers,
    ZG
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed

Very cool, can't wait to see them. And I'll send you an email.

Glad to hear it sounds like RN is making it more tied into their line, that is, if you are doing photos to replace the dinky images that are in the current magazine.

I may have some questions for you about your photo techniques as well.

Here at Rovers North we are trying very hard to display to you exactly what you're getting, in full resolution. The photos of the Terrafirma bumper that you see everywhere were supplied by TF in low resolution. The bumper is very nice(in person), and I also like the Flatdog bumper we just got in. Photos will be online soon displaying those.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

I will get you a photo as soon as I can, but here's a photo of the new winch bumper we just got in yesterday!

Part # RNA194
    And also rear bumper, a very heavy duty piece.

Part # RNA196
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Yeah, those little photos are from the manufacturer, aren't they?

I hadn't seen that they provide mounts for fog lights, are those the stock DII lights? And what are the other two holes on each side for? Recovery gear, and...?

Looks good, looking forward to seeing the images you get this weekend.

These photos are not of the Terrafirma bumper, they're the new bumper for Rovers North. I just shot the photos so they're very high resolution, if you need higher resolution of those two photos shoot me an email. The fog lights come with the bumper, already mounted. The two holes on each side are for hi-lift jack mounts, and recovery shackle tube mounts.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

front looks great. I just wish someone made a D2 rear bumper that used the stock tail lights and extended under the quarter panels. Bumper does nothing where it sits, it is the quarters that get bashed. trekoutfitters made one but do not make LR stuff any longer. I've ripped my rear bumper off 3 times, it's just a stupid design. D1s barely ever touch or slide off stuff if they do.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109

96Trek, we just got a new Rovers North rear bumper that I think you'll be happy with. I will be installing it on my truck soon and will get photos of it when I do. The quarters are definitely protected, and it has factory light mounts and 2 recovery eyes. We will see how it turns out when it's installed. Here is a photo of the Terrafirma bumper on Dillon's truck.

And here is the Rovers North spot light bumper installed on my truck.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales

Very nice. I'll email for more?

Are there any variations on the bumper?