Thread: Daytime Running Lights intermitent

Default Daytime Running Lights intermitent

My daytime running lights (the high beams on 1/2 voltage that come on whenever the car is running) sometimes flicker. Sometimes they don't come on for a few seconds, sometimes not at all, sometimes they come on, then go off. I figure it may be a relay that's sticking, but which one?

Canada- I figured. Been law up there for decades. I know it is a relay on Jeeps because I've had several YJ-TJ models from there and that is what I pull to remove the feature. I drive with headlights on 99% of the time anyway. I would imagine it is a similar set up as this is just for Canada as far as I know. Because of this, it may be difficult to find someone who knows for sure. I would imagine an added relay would be in the relay box under your hood or by the fuse panel under your steering wheel. There are a lot of relays in your far side kick panel and under the glove box, but I think those are all engine management and heater blower control related. I'd look and then either pay attention when they choose to flicker and see if you can locate the clicking relay. If they work, start feeling for warm relays using juice and start pulling them one by one (engine off) until you find the one that cuts off the lights.
    2003 Disco SE7 expedition prepped
    1998 Disco LSE 7 50th anniversary Baluga Black
    1996 Disco XD Trek number 4 and Camel Selections
    1969 Series 2A 109