Thread: 1965 Series IIa 109 complete frame off restoration

Default 1965 Series IIa 109 complete frame off restoration

Description:
    1965 Series IIa 109” Left hand drive with safari roof. Complete frame off restoration. This truck was rebuilt from the ground up starting with a new galvanized frame and using almost all new or rebuilt parts. All of the steel components of the body and frame were replaced with new steel with the exception of the firewall that was completely rebuilt and dipped by East Coast Rover. All body panels were painted on both sides and the interior is completely insulated with Dynamat and Dynaliner for a quiet ride and better heating and cooling (this truck has air conditioning!). Powered by a Robert Davis 3.0L Iron Duke GM engine, there is plenty of power to drive at highway speeds even up hills and plenty of low end torque to crawl thru the worst conditions in low gear. The rebuilt gearbox is fitted with a Fairey overdrive rebuilt by Rovers Down South so maintaining highway speed is a breeze but still allows amazing low range torque that you can’t get from a high ratio transmission. The suspension is upgraded with Rocky Mountain parabolic springs front and rear for a smoother ride and better axle articulation off road. Old Man Emu nitrogen gas shocks help smooth out the bumps. The interior is completely new and features a Badger Coachworks headliner, Trakker Hi-back front seats, reupholstered rear seat and cargo area jump seats, and reupholstered door panels. Safety is enhanced for both front and rear passengers with new shoulder style, 3 point, inertia safety belts. Brakes have been upgraded and completely rebuilt using all new parts and updated with a power assisted dual master cylinder. I love this truck and hate to see it go but I just have too many other projects and not enough garage space. Less than 200 miles since rebuild and always garage kept. Asking $32,000.00 Call (607) 279-2848 for more info or email aeroplanefactory@aol.com for photos.

Mechanical:
    Iron Duke, Robert Davis 3.0L GM engine with Weber carburetor and crossflow head.
    New galvanized frame.
    Rebuilt transmission with finned bottom cover for increased oil cooling, rebuilt transfer case and new parking brake.
    Rebuilt Fairey overdrive by Rovers Down South.
    New wiring harness.
    Stainless steel exhaust.
    Manual locking front hubs.
    New speedometer cable.
    Odyssey deep cycle AGM battery.
    New radiator.
    New u-joints on drive shafts.
    New dual brake master cylinder and power booster.
    New brake cylinders, shoes, adjusters and springs front and rear.
    New clutch, pressure plate and release bearing.
    New clutch master and slave cylinders.
    All new brake and clutch lines and hoses.
    New brake and clutch pedal assembly.
    New Old Man Emu nitrogen gas shocks front and rear.
    New fuel tank and fuel level sending unit.
    New Rocky Mountain parabolic springs front and rear.
    New tie rod ends.
    New front axle swivels, pins, bushings, seals and leather gaiters.
    New Dunlop radial rover tires LT235/85R16 load range E.
    New axle bump stops.
    All bolts replaced with stainless steel or grade 8 bolts.

Body:
    Complete firewall rebuild by East Coast Rover.
    New door posts, door sills, sideframe assemblies and floor panels.
    New seatbox with under seat toolbox.
    Safari roof.
    ARB Bull-Bar front winch bumper.
    Warn Winch.
    ARB tow shackles front and rear.
    Rear trailer hitch.
    Front and rear mudflaps.
    New front defender hinges, new rear hinges plus third hinge on rear cargo door.
    Defender side mirrors.
    New rubber door and windshield vent seals.
    New window tracks.
    Hi-Lift X-treme 48” jack with mount brackets.
    Spray bedliner applied to both sides of floor panels for sound deadening and rust resistance.
    New laminated glass windshield.
    New headlight buckets with Hella HB2 Vision Plus DOT lenses and xenon bulbs (super bright).
    Rear Hella worklamps (not connected).
    Hella Rallye 4000 compact xenon driving lamps (not connected).
    PIAA HID fog lights (not connected).

Interior:
    All body panels painted both sides.
    New Badger Coachworks headliner.
    Body, door and roof panels insulated with Dynaliner and Dynamat Xtreme sound dampening and insulating material.
    Moulded front and rear rubber floor matting.
    New Trakker Hi-back front seats with driver and passenger slide adjustment.
    New upholstery on rear passenger bench seat and rear cargo jump seats.
    Front and rear passenger 3 point inertia shoulder seat belts.
    New matching black upholstered door panels.
    Tuffy center console box with front and rear drink holders.
    Mt Mansfield cabin heater with windshield defroster.
    Hot Rod Air dual heat and air conditioning with Sanden compressor for front and rear passengers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rover 1.JPG 
Views:	1520 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	6704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine2.jpg 
Views:	1974 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	6705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00616.JPG 
Views:	1263 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	6706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00587.jpg 
Views:	1290 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	6707

Default PRICE REDUCED! $29,000.00 or best offer. Winter is coming so I need to make space in

PRICE REDUCED! $29,000.00 or best offer. Winter is coming so I need to make space in the garage.

I know this is an older thread and a long-shot, but any chance your rover is still for sale? I am keenly interested. Thank You.

Default sold

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    I know this is an older thread and a long-shot, but any chance your rover is still for sale? I am keenly interested. Thank You.

Sorry but it is sold.