Thread: 1972 Series III for Sale -- $15,000

Default 1972 Series III for Sale -- $15,000

After 20 plus years of ownership I am putting my Series III on the market.

It's and 88'', left hand drive, hard top -- classic blue with cream colored top and wheel rims.Originally owned by a Dartmouth College professor and stored in a barn in Maine, it was restored in full in 1989 by Lanny Clark (former? Rovers North Parts Manager). Since that time it has been back to Rovers North once (circa 1999) for a major updating (new galvanized frame, doors, much engine work), and over the years has been regularly cared from by Dave Reimels, a factory trained (circa 1960) Rover mechanic in Plymouth MA. It has been garaged almost the entire time I have owned it. Mileage is a bit uncertain (new speedometer a couple of years ago) but a good estimate would be 150K, half of which were put on after the 1989 restoration.

The vehicle runs well, looks good, and all systems (overdrive, wipers, installed heater, lights, radio, etc) operate. Interior is clean and except for some wear and tear around pedals and shifts panels and upholstry is in good shape. Decals (trout and college sports related) are included.

Unfortunately, the vehicle has been used only sparingly over the past several years. So, I am willing to sell it to someone with more opportunities to enjoy it more than I have had recently. It is garaged in Newton, MA and I can be reached at 617-519-9912 or via email at wmayer@goodwinprocter.com.

Happy to forward pictures on request from my home computer.

Bill Mayer
    Last edited by BillMayer; 08-02-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Zack's suggestions

Hi Bill,

It may be good to add a few things to your post. Such as:

The fact that it's an 88"(a lot of people are looking specifically for 88"s vs. 109"s.
    Soft top/station wagon/pick up cab/hard top
    Left hand drive or right hand drive
    As many photos as you can upload
    Approx. mileage(not huge, but people like to know)

It will certainly help the sale.
    Zack Griswold
    Photos/Sales
    http://i.imgur.com/z2wLIw6.jpg - 1995 300Tdi Disco 5 Speed