Thread: forward facing seats

Default forward facing seats

Has anyone installed any of the new forward facing seats in the back of a 90 or 110 that England just made law. Specifically the ones that fold up in the wheel well? I just had a baby and would love for her car seat to ride in the back of daddy's Rover!
    Joshua 95D90 NAS SW
    Bleedin Green

it's my understanding that those Exmoor seats may not be DOT compliant and, even if they are, i'm not sure i'd put my kids' car seats in them. i've looked into this because i have a similar situation. if there is someone out there with more info, i'd be interested as well.

otherwise, mastercraft makes a forward-facing rear bench for the SW. i believe it's about $600. i think i saw it on Jesse Ware's site (BWOverland).

Default I saw those seats in France

They are really nice. It was a new D90. two seats fold up towards the windows. The seatbelts are part of the headliner/roof plastic though. They go up into the far back corner of the roof and are hidden behind the moulding.
    The new D90 interiors are much more refined than the 1997 models.
    It looks possible to get these to work in a NAS D90 but I think it would involve some tricky install time.
    I have seen the rear bench done, but then you have no storage space in the back.
    I have a kid too! Now I am looking for a 110...

While on the topic, does anyone know if a baby seat is legal on a stock 95 d-90 front facing rear bench?
    ~95 D-90 SW~
    ~72 Series III 88 RHD~

If the bench has belts that allow the seat to be installed per the manufacturer's instructions then, yes, it should be legal. Side facing rear seat install is a big no no. It is your own decision as to whether it is safer for the child seat to be in the back or in the front passenger seat on this vehicle as there is no front passenger side air bag. On looking at my old SIIA 88 I decided my son was safer up front with me. A set of rock sliders helps out with side impact protection which is rather weak on these trucks due to their construction.

Of course, depending on what the vehicle is registered as and what state you are in you might find that you are not allowed to carry an infant/child in the back of a pickup but that is for you to check on.

The usual advice is to have your local fire or PD check the installation. If you phone up they are usually very happy to do this and will let you know about any concerns.

Cheers
    Gregor

thx gregor - will look into it.

regards,
    john
    ~95 D-90 SW~
    ~72 Series III 88 RHD~