Thread: Need inter cooler option for 200 Tdi swap

Galloway British Columbia Canada and Jefferson City Missouri

Default Need inter cooler option for 200 Tdi swap

Ran into a snag with the 200 Tdi install for my 68 109. I was looking on the series II club site in the UK and they have some intercoolers that sit infront of the rad they also showed a generic one that fit pretty well. Any ideas to what a guy can get here? thanks
    1968 Series IIA
    1987 D90 Kid's project
    German wirehair Pointer (Wood Hound)

Your stock intercooler (provided one came with your engine) can be reconfigured to work, I just did mine (photos hopefully attaced). The inlet/outlet just need to be cut off, one capped and moved, the other just re-shaped, and re-welded into place. The catch here is you or someone you know need to be relatively proficient with a tig welder. Bell intercoolers can make one up for you, they are familiar with TDi conversions and space restriction in Series trucks, about $600.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0909.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	7255Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0910.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	7256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0928.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	96.0 KB