Thread: 2" spacer lift

Default 2" spacer lift

How hard is it to install a 2 inch spacer lift? What are the disadvantages to lifting that much?

It is not very difficult. It would depend on how stuck and rusty everything is. I would spray PB blaster or something on the bolts that hold the spring plates on, everyday for a few days before you tried to take everything apart.
    As far as downsides to the lift....none that I have found so far, I run it with OME heavy duty springs giving me about a 41/2" lift. body roll is not a big deal, that said I also do not have sway bars.
    If you only want a 2" lift I would suggest just getting springs, But If you already have OME springs it is cheaper to buy the spacer kit than to buy new 4 or 5" lift springs.