Thread: 1973 land rover series 3 two door 109

Default 1973 land rover series 3 two door 109

I have for sale a 1973 Land Rover Series 3 It has a clear Florida title. It is a right hand drive 109-three door. It has a 2.25L 4 cyclinder that runs great! I'm not sure how many miles it has, the odometer quit working. I've had it for over 2 years and have drove it a couple thousand miles. It is in rough shape, but would make a great project. It is tagged and insured and gets driven daily. The interior is in decent shape. One of the seats has a tear in it. On the dash, only the speedometer works. It is in KpH instead of Mph. I installed an after market temp gauge. The Rover has a banjo steering wheel that is in decent shape. It also has the factory optional steering column ignition instead of an ignition on the dash. The vent has bug screens on them, but the vent knobs are gone off of the openers. The alternator has to be on by a switch on the dash. The blinkers and headlights work. It has running lights but no brake lights. I have a new brake light switch but it is not installed. It also has a hand throttle. the rover is Missing both front doors, The Rover has a diamond plate on the fenders and the running boards/rocker panels. the bulkhead is decent but has a few rough spots, It has a deluxe bonnet with spare rim and tire there is a small military shovel from rovers north mounted on the spare tire, and also a hand crank is mounted to the hood. The Rover will need new tires, the tires on it are very dry rotted. The engine runs great and always has. The plugs, oil, and oil filter have been changed regularly since I've had it. It has a K&N air filter on the carb instead of the oil bath. The original fuel tank was rusted out so it was replaced with a plastic fuel cell. There is a new starter solenoid. Also the mechanical fuel pump quit working so it was replaced with an inline 12v pump. The exhaust has a leak at the manifold. The brakes will need work. The rear brakes do not work and the front wheel cylinders have a slow leak, the master cylinder was replaced about a year ago. It also has an Inline vacuum brake booster mounted in it. The Rover will need to be repainted, it has an ugly textured paint job that has a few layers. Also the front passenger fender has a dent in it. The frame on it is in bad shape. The previous owner put lift shackles front and rear to lift it a little. The rear bumber was rotted out when I got it, so I fabricated a rear bumber out of 3/4 inch plate steel. The 4 wheel drive works great and it is very strong. The rear tub is carpeted black with 3 folding bench seats. The Rover has an old canvas top that is a little rough. But it keeps the rain out. The rear tail gate has been outfitted with a Carter's shovel from Rovers North and old military pick axe. I have an extra windsheild with good glass and oil pan with gasket. The rear tub has a swiveling spot light, but it needs a new bulb. the rover comes with an original shelley screw jack and handle, The Rover is rough but is going to make a great project. I drive it around all the time and it attracts alot of attention. The vehicle is located in Hilliard Florida which is located 25 miles north of jacksonville florida, i will not ship the vehicle, local pickup only, if you have any questions or need pictures of anything, or would like to come out and check out the rover email me anytime, would trade for small car I am wanting 3000 or best offer email me anytime at triumphdaytona2007@yahoo.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	7580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	7579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	7573  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	7578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	838 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	7577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	7576  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	7575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	7574  
    1964 Series IIa 109" Pick-Up RHD
    1965 Series IIa 88" Wagon LHD
    1968 Series IIa 109" Station Wagon LHD

still available $2000 OBO
    1964 Series IIa 109" Pick-Up RHD
    1965 Series IIa 88" Wagon LHD
    1968 Series IIa 109" Station Wagon LHD

Let's deal