Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to find a couple odd parts

Default Need to find a couple odd parts

Does anyone know where I can find a metal braided/shielded oil pressure feed line to run front the back of the oil pressure gauge to the banjo bolt on the oil filter housing? I've found references to various sites on this forum but, they all seem to only carry the 7' plastic version. I'm not too averse to the plastic but 7' is a lot of extra line. I tried to get one made, but the hydraulic hose guys around here don't carry a fitting small enough to fit the back side of the gauge. Moss Motors carries a line for the Mini Cooper but, I can't tell if the fitings will work with the LR gauges.

Also, I'm looking for the rubber plug for the bell housing on the left hand side. It's not a round hole so the random round plug proably won't work. It probably needs to be oblong like the actual hole (+/- 2 1/2" x 2").

http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/s...ight=feed+tube

Read this thread from my adventures with the Oil pressure feed tube. I eventually got one made up out of aeroquipe line from a local truck repair shop. Most hydraulic line shops were less that excited to try and help, but I finally found an old school mechanic that wanted to help.
    Bad gas mileage gets you to some of the greatest places on earth.

I've had the plastic version on mine since 1978 with no problems, with a universal gauge you cut the pipe to length then use the supplied olives at each end.
    1971 series 2a 88, series 3 trans, Fairey OD, owned since 1978.

Might check Holden's website in the UK for adapters that'll convert from Rover stuff no normal stuff.
    --Mark

1973 SIII 109 RHD 2.5NA Diesel

0-54mph in just under 11.5 minutes
    (9.7 minutes now that she's a 3-door).

Here is one place I found state side that has the odd flat style hose end for the early oil pressure gauges. Once you get there click on "Gauges & Adapters". Hope it helps someone.
    http://www.batinc.net/mocal.htm

Nisonger Instruments in NY might have them, since they were the Smith's importer and they restore instruments.
    Tom Rowe

Four wheel drive allows you to get stuck
    in places even more inaccessible.

62 88 reg
    67 NADA x2
    74 Air Portable - The Antichrist (tag 6A666)
    95 D1 - R380
    95 D90 - R380
    97 D1 - ZF

Nisonger has the plastic ones, but no steel braided. I've already checked with them when I was looking for one. The only way to get one is to have one made. The NOS available has cracks in the internal rubber and won't be any good according to trevor at Rovahfarm.com. Either find a shop that does lines for AC and air brakes, as they have a wide selection of fittings and suppliers, or get the fittings yourself, and bring them to someone who can to aeroquipe lines. Normal hydronic lines need a different set of dies to crimp fittings to the lines, and they are not interchangeable with aeroquipe.

On the gauge side, the attachment for the oil line is 1/8" BSPP. McMaster Carr has an adapter that will thread on that male nipple which is 1/8 NPT on the other. With that you can then use Earl's, jegs, Russell, aeroquip, whatever -3AN fittings to the low oil pressure warning lamp sender hole. Don't remember if the sensor hole is BSPP or BSPT or NPT, but in any case McMaster has an adapter for that end as well.
    Hope that's what you meant.

Thanks guys. I think I've cobbled together enough fittings to get a line made at the hydraulic shop in town. They could make it but they just didn't have the gauge end size.

Any advice on the rubber plug for the bell housing. I can't find that anywhere because it appears to be an odd size (non-round). I measured it at 2 1/2" x 2".

Craddock's has 'em...part #232604
    http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/sea....html?s=232604